Monday, August 9, 2010

Recipe Etiquette

Wow, my first ever blog post! I never had the desire to blog until recently after reading some really good ones....so here I go....short and sweet.

To share or not to share?
A while back I was talking to someone about how I really wanted a recipe from another friend, but wasn't getting anywhere in obtaining this incredible recipe.  Then we got to talking about how some people just don't share recipes. What the heck?!  Not because they simply forgot, but they deliberately refuse to share it with you!  I wish I could say I understand, but I don't, so poo-poo on you you non-sharing recipe people! Maybe they don't want me showing up to the same potluck with the same dish? Who knows! If someone likes a dish I have prepared, I always give credit where credit is due. I'm not about to 'steal' your recipe. Oh well, I guess I'll just let that one go.

With that said, I will be sharing all my great recipes (truly, my ego it getting to me!) that have been handed down to me from the greatest cook I know (my mother), great friends and many others I have had the fortune of meeting. Cheers to eating yummy food!

And as my husband would say "BING-BANG", I wrote my first blog post!

8 comments:

  1. I am sooooo excited that you are blogging!! Welcome to the blogosphere. Sharing recipes is a great idea but I hope you will share other fun stuff too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course Michelle! I will probably digress a bit here and there....I don't have THAT many recipes to just blog about recipes. But, I'm probably going to keep it food related unless something crazy comes along that I have to talk about :) Oh and thanks for the blogosphere welcome! I'll probably have my hubby help me design a custom page as I'm not completely sold on the template one I chose.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meghan, Welcome to the blogosphere! I'll add you to my Google Reader. I do not understand someone withholding the joy of a good recipe. I think it is selfish and I have family-in-law that does it. It's like they have "won" or something when really they just look bad. I just forget to give mine out. Am I forgiven for that? -Sara M.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sara, I completely forgive those who forget to share a recipe ;) I am guilty of forgetting many things, especially since having Aaron. I guess some people would just prefer a recipe to die with them. So sad :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoyed your first blog and is a great idea to share recipes. I sometimes wondered that too, like I have an aunt who refuses to share my grandmothers recipe. Doesn't she realize that food brings comfort and makes us feel better sometimes especially these special recipes?? Poo-poo on them... Lol!!!- Yvette K

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Yvette :) Wow, that's even YOUR family recipe she won't share with you! Unbelievable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always love a new recipe! Share away! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I shared a recipe once and two weeks later at an event, I brought said dish, only to find the person I shared it with brought it also. Now I feel I can never bring that dish again, because I might see two of them. Not everyone is sensitive to the unwritten rule that you don't bring someone else's recipe to an event that they attend. I still share some recipes, but have learned to keep my best ones to myself.

    ReplyDelete