Sunday, January 30, 2011

Chocolate Pistachio Marble Cake

Chocolate Pistachio Marble Cake

I don't make cakes very often, but when I decide to make a cake, this recipe is my absolute favorite!  My mom used to make it every once in a while when I was growing up. 

Sometimes frosting is a good thing, other times (like this) it's so over rated.  Just a little sprinkle of powdered sugar is all this cake needs to bring it to absolute perfection.

I love this cake, not only because it is so simple to make, but because it is so moist and practically melts in your mouth.  Believe it or not, I used a boxed cake mix.  I know, I know it's hard to believe I didn't do things from scratch this time.  Therefore, I dedicate this cake to all my readers (all 12 of them, haha....lol) who say they're too busy to bake. :)  Although, I did use my homemade chocolate syrup in place of the Hershey's stuff. ;)  It worked out beautifully!
Just a few simple ingredients, mix, and pour.

Add the chocolatey goodness, pour, then bake.

Marbled chocolate pistachio cake....yummo!

Click to ENLARGE. 
To print, left click> file> print. To save file to your computer, right click on image, then "save image as".


Sweet as Sugar Cookies is having a linky party, and I was invited!  So, stop by and check out all the other fantastic looking treats!  There are so many delicious treats it's hard to decide which one I should make first! Click on the button below to check it out...




4 comments:

  1. Wow, I love that two-toned look of your cake. It may start off with a boxed mix, but I don't think anyone would ever guess. This sounds delicious. I have a sweet treat linky party going on at my blog right now and I'd like to invite you to stop by and link your cake up. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com/2011/01/sweets-for-saturday-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for linking this up to Sweets for a Saturday. I hope you'll be able to join in again sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really what a nice simple cake recipe. No fuss, love the sugar just sprinkled, a great mid-week cake recipe that I know we will love. Thanks so much for sharing.
    Happy Valentine's

    ReplyDelete