Thanks Lisa for sharing this recipe with me :)
- 1 1/2 pounds broccoli florets
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1/2 teaspoon hot chili flakes
- About 1/2 teaspoon salt
- About 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 12 ounces dried penne pasta
- 1/3 cup grated pecorino romano cheese
Preparation1. Rinse broccoli and trim and discard stem ends. Coarsely chop tops and stems. In a 5- to 6-quart pan over medium heat, stir olive oil and garlic often until garlic sizzles, then stir in broccoli, chili flakes, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and 1/2 cup water. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until broccoli is very soft and mashes easily with a fork, 20 to 25 minutes. Add 1/4 cup water to pan if broccoli threatens to scorch.
2. Meanwhile, in a 5- to 6-quart pan over high heat, bring 4 quarts water to a boil; add penne and cook until tender to bite, 10 to 12 minutes. Drain and return to pan.
3. Stir broccoli mixture into pasta along with cheese. Add more salt and pepper to taste.
UPDATE: Want a recipe card? Here you go!
To print, left click >file >print. To save file to your computer, right click on image, then "save image as".