Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Sweet Potato Crisp


 It's hard to believe that Thanksgiving is right around the corner and it's time to start thinking about what to make.   Every year I make the absolute best sweet potato crisp that was introduced to me by my sister Patty.  Here I go again, tooting my own horn! In my defense, I've had people who don't care for sweet potato casserole love it.  It's similar to a sweet potato casserole, but it has a yummy crumble crisp topping that makes it simply delicious.  It's always my standard Thanksgiving potluck dish and every time I get people demanding for the recipe, so here it is.


Spread the sweet potato mixture in the dish.

Cut the butter into the flour, sugar and oats until it holds together in clumps.

Top sweet potatoes with apples and cranberries. Here I used dried, but I usually use diced fresh cranberries.

Top apples and cranberries with the crisp topping.

Baked to perfection!



Click to ENLARGE.
To print, left click> file> print. To save file to your computer, right click on image, then "save image as".
  
Notes: 
- Although this recipe tastes incredible with the full 8 oz of cream cheese, I only use half the amount and it still tastes great.  
- Also, if you already have fresh cranberries around for Thanksgiving just use those on top.  
- Nuts are optional. :)
Enjoy! 
meghan 

No comments:

Post a Comment